Tuesday, March 5, 2013

So This Is The New Year

        I have come to the realization that I am not a good blogger. On the other hand, this blog has become just about par for the course for me when compared to how frequently I've written in my previous journals.

        Well, 2012 has been a very intense year for us! I started the year with a broken foot which led to a totally new career path from the firefighting that I had been doing over the previous two years. 

        We also started out the year with mounting frustrations at our efforts to have a baby only to be blown away by the news that we are going to be having our very own little boy!

        Sherawn finished her last semester of classes for her Associates Degree & I finished my first semester of pre-med courses! (Only like 20 more to go!)

        We moved into the Komenda's house where a ridiculous number of our family members have already lived! 

        I quit my EMT job working for Community Bridges. They are a good company with good intentions but were unable to work with my school schedule & I knew that school had to remain my priority.

        I'm currently taking the semester off. It was touch & go there for a while with me not working & doing school full-time. I put in over 150 individual applications trying to find work but to no avail. Sherawn & I are so grateful to our families for all of the support they have lent us during this time. We also grew a lot closer to our ward during this time & have gained a new appreciation for the Church & what it means to truly need help from others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment