Monday, August 6, 2012

Out with the Old! In with the New!

It's so funny... When I started to write in this blog again, I thought I would treat it like my own personal journal & write in it almost everyday. Ya well, that hasn't exactly worked out for me... Sorry... On the other hand, it's not that big a deal since I'm pretty sure my wife is the only one who reads these blog posts.  :-)

Tonight, Sherawn & I watched her favorite movie, "Marley & Me". She loves it but it makes her cry her eyes out every time! I like watching it because it makes me feel like because I have my own blog (a totally unheard of/unfrequented blog but a blog nonetheless!) that I am almost like a columnist, too! Wishful thinking? I know, but it's still fun.

So update on us & our medical school aspirations:

We are now moved down to Mesa, AZ again. We moved into a small (400 sq. ft.) one bedroom apartment/guest house at my brother-in-law's parents' home. It's small (crazy small!) but the price is right for two very poor college kids & our two puppies, so we can't really complain too much.  ;-)

Sherawn was able to get her old job at PetSmart back (with a $0.31 raise! Woo-hoo!) & I was hired at the first EMT job I applied at! It's a great non-profit organization that's been operating in Arizona now for 30 years! They are a behavioral health company that specializes in addiction recovery & community outreach programs to educate youth. We've been really blessed to have these opportunities come our way. We both feel even more strongly now that this is where we are supposed to be.

We both pray that Heavenly Father continues to answer our prayers & grant us our righteous desires. I hope that I can have patience with the people who come into my life with this new employment & express the compassion that I know our Savior feels for everyone who feels lost & is seeking help in this life.

On a funnier note, Caleb (our little Welsh Corgi/Jack Russell mix) & Patsi (our little Chihuahua/Dachshund mix) both got into trouble with our new landlords! Sherawn is always on my tail (pun intended!) about putting the doggies on their leashes but I am always going to bat for them, telling her what good obedient dogs they are & how she needs to trust them more (right!). Well, as you can probably guess, the morning in question, I let them out front to go relieve themselves & guess who decides to come out of their house with about a half a dozen kids & grandkids? You guessed it! Our landlords! Now, our doggies are really great with kids but they also totally stop listening to their daddy when they see a ton of people who they've never met before. So naturally, they take off all over the place, peeing on the brick mailbox & pooing in the neighbor's lawn! What little stinkers! Ugh!!! 



Well, regardless, we're happy to be here & excited for the neat adventures to come! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment