Sunday, April 15, 2012

Another Week Done & Gone!

So it's Sunday night & I am pretty beat! Another good shift on the Ambulance Friday for Taylor Fire & EMS. Then, covered for a few of the guys at Show Low Fire so they could come here to Snowflake & participate in the local community college's talent show. SLFD has a Pipe & Drum Corps (a bagpipe band) that is fantastic to hear.

What stinks is Sherawn was singing at the show as well & I had to miss it. I heard she did really well though & I am very proud of her & all the hard work that she has done this year with the three different choirs that she's been singing with this semester! Everyday I try to take some time just to think of how lucky I am to have her in my life! She may not seem like it because she presents herself so well but she has had to overcome so many different trials in her life. I am amazed by her strength & her constant support of me as I drag her around the world following after all of my crazy dreams! There is a song that makes me so happy every time I hear it & it seems to sum up how I feel about her so well. It's called "The Girl" By City & Colour.

When I first decided that I wanted to pursue firefighting, Sherawn was initially very resistant to the idea. Her own home had burned down the summer between her junior & senior year of high school. The idea of me dying in a fire scared her to death. But we both prayed & fasted about what we should do because I had felt this to be the right decision for our family. We went to the temple & she told me she still had her worries but that she couldn't deny the feeling of peace that she had after she had prayed & she has been so supportive ever since then.

A few months ago, I broke my foot on a family vacation & it really scared us both. What would happen if I had an even more serious injury? As it was, I was out of work for nearly two months. It gave us time to stop & think about our options again. We both felt very impressed to reconsider trying to get into medical school. I know that I was impressed to get into Fire & EMS & that it was the experiences that I have had with the different departments & people that I work with that have pushed me & helped me to realize my potential. I would never have felt capable of handling the school & workloads that pre-med & medical school bring with them had it not been for these experiences.

How grateful I am to our family who have all been so supportive of all our crazy dreams! But most of all, I am
grateful to my girl. She is my strength when I feel unable to continue, my inspiration to excel, & she is where my empathy for others stems from. She follows me wherever I
go & asks for so little in return. Everything I now am & hope to become, I can confidently credit to her loving influence & support. I love you Princess

!

No comments:

Post a Comment